For four decades, June Guralnick has created plays, performance projects, and multi-media installations, as well as directing new works, classic plays, and developing community cultural programs. June’s work has been beamed to the Space Station as well as performed at many earth venues across the country in NY, CA, DC, NC. Please read her very robust bio at her website juneguralnick.com.
It was my great pleasure to converse with June as she described her playwriting process, the development of the Piedmont Laureate program, and the importance of creative work. If you enjoy this conversation as half as much as I did, it will make your day. Grab a writing implement and get your notepad ready — here are some tips, tricks, inspiration, and wisdom from June Guralnick.
This interview was recorded virtually on March 23, 2020. We do discuss the COVID-19 pandemic.
Relief Funds + Resources:
- The Orange County Arts Commission Page has a long list of support resources for artists, arts industry workers, arts nonprofits, and art organizations whose livelihoods have been negatively affected by COVID-19. Check it out.
- Equal Sound Corona Relief Fund (Musicians)
- Durham Artist Relief Fund
- Durham Arts Council Artist Recovery Fund
- NC Artists Relief Fund
- Orange County Arts Relief Fund (NC)
- Chatham County Artist and Art-Worker Relief Effort (NC)
- Covid-19 Freelance Artist Resources
- Emergency Funds (All Art Forms)
- Parent Artist Advocacy League Emergency Fund apply
- Parent Artist Advocacy League Emergency Fund donate
This episode is brought to you by the Soapboxers, the official patrons of the Artist Soapbox. If you like these episodes and want more, get on the Soapbox! This episode was recorded at the ASBX home studio. Artist Soapbox theme music by Bart Matthews.
Connect and Follow!
Artist Soapbox on social media: