Monét Noelle Marshall is an artist, director, playwright, curator, producer & cultural organizer. A 2018 Independent Weekly Arts Award winner, she serves as the Founding Artistic Director of MOJOAA Performing Arts Company. Recent projects include the “Buy It Call It” performance installations, which earned her the 2018 Mary B. Regan Community Artist Fellowship from the NC Arts Council. You can learn more about her upcoming work at MonetNoelleMarshall.com.
Monét describes her writing and development process for her play Raissoneur, autobiographical writing, supporting Southern Black playwrights through her upcoming podcast Red Clay Plays and her theatre company MOJOAA.
This interview was recorded virtually on March 20, 2020. We do discuss the COVID-19 pandemic.
Relief Funds + Resources:
- The Orange County Arts Commission Page has a long list of support resources for artists, arts industry workers, arts nonprofits, and art organizations whose livelihoods have been negatively affected by COVID-19. Check it out.
- Equal Sound Corona Relief Fund (Musicians)
- Durham Artist Relief Fund
- NC Artists Relief Fund
- Orange County Arts Relief Fund (NC)
- Covid-19 Freelance Artist Resources
- Emergency Funds (All Art Forms)
ASBX podcast episodes:
- 018: Artist & Leader Monèt Noelle Marshall speaks thru BUY MY SOUL AND CALL IT ART
- 023: Lead Curator and Strategist JaMeeka Holloway-Burrell launches the first BULL CITY BLACK THEATER FESTIVAL
- 062: Stories that deserve to be told. Executive Director of MOJOAA Robin Carmon Marshall holds space and makes space to be heard.
This episode is brought to you by the Soapboxers, the official patrons of the Artist Soapbox. If you like these episodes and want more, get on the Soapbox! This episode was recorded at the ASBX home studio. Artist Soapbox theme music by Bart Matthews.
Connect and Follow!
Artist Soapbox on social media:
Instagram = artistsoapbox
Artist Soapbox podcast is a listener supported podcast. If you listen, please support the podcast by sharing episodes with friends and contributing via our Patreon campaign.
If you have feedback, questions, suggestions, please email email@example.com. FEEDBACK IS EVERYTHING TO ASBX.